| General Introduction
Tesori Musical Toscani is a project launched in 2000 by the ensemble AuserMusici in collaboration with Teatro Verdi in Pisa. Its aim is to study, diffuse and increase the appreciation of the musical heritage of Tuscany from the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries, with particular attention to the unpublished repertory, both instrumental and vocal.
The project springs from the need, in the sector of ancient music, to create a more favourable comparison between theoretical speculation and standard procedure, musicological research and musical production. For these reasons, Tesori Musicali Toscani develops as a multi-layered and broad cultural project, made up of the encounter among the different experiences and researches of musicians, musicologists, theatre and entertainment historians.
The activities of the project follow four main guidelines:
The digital musical archive
- Musical production and planning
- Musicological research
- Index of musical heritage
- Education and popularization of music
Tesori Musicali Toscani has developed a digital musical archive, with the aim of contributing to the increase in appreciation and diffusion of the music by the composers included in the project. The archive, regularly up-dated, is structured according to the needs of differentiated users. It collects tools and information useful both to the specialized scholar and to the musician: life sketches of the composers, updated bibliography, discography and, obviously, a vast catalogue of musical editions.
Here in detail the services offered by our archive:
- Access to the catalogue of all the music and the composers included in the project
- Download files (pdf format) published by TMT (Tesori Musicali Toscani Publishing House) on the musical scores edited by the project team
- Download files (pdf format) published by Facsimile with the anastatic reproduction of the sources and of the material used for the publications
- Consult life and bibliographical outlines of the composers included
- Download audio files (mp3)
On the site it is also possible to consult the discography of AuserMusici and get updated information on the live concerts of the group and on the various initiatives connected to the world of ancient music (concerts, festivals, congresses).
To those who request it, we will send a newsletter with all the news on the site, further musical editions inserted in the archive and all the news on the activities of the Project.
Tesori Musicali Toscani is a project currently funded by the Cassa di Risparmio di Pisa and Cassa di Risparmio di Lucca.